Saturday, January 22, 2011

Almond Thin Cookies Take Two!

This is it! Much better! Much yummier!!! Well, I'm satisfied... Probably still not good enough to sell yet but it's good enough for me, myself and dear hubby! My, these things are super addictive!! We can munch up a whole bunch in one sitting!

As mentioned in my first attempt post, the cookies were too thick so I divided the batter to three this time and tried my best to spread it out as thinly as possible on the greaseproof paper which I fold at the sides to mark as guides so I don't go out of line. I also reduced the amount of sugar to 3/4 cups. I only managed to use about 150g almond flakes instead of the 340g suggested in the original recipe. This time I obtained 9 dozens compared to just 4 previously as I cut them into smaller bite size pieces (that's how they became addictive!)

So this time its:
227g SCS butter; unsalted
1 large egg
3/4 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon salt

150g almonds flakes
Whites of 1 egg (for glazing)

Shall let the pictures do the talking:

Spread batter out thinly
Sprinkle then press almond flakes down firmly
After baking for 12 minutes
Glaze with egg white then cut with sharp knife


Back into the oven for another 5 minutes
Cooling on wire racks before being eaten!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails