Thursday, November 18, 2010
Again no salt required. I can taste the natural sweetness from the onion and carrot as well as the chicken meat together with the zing of the tomato and the aroma of the freshly cracked black pepper. Mm mmm...
If I had any, I would have buttered up some wholemeal bread or even spread it with cream cheese and toasted it for some croutons!
Anyway, this is what I did:
2 small chicken breasts
1 medium carrot
1 medium tomato
3 baby corn
2. Finely chop 1 clove of garlic.
3. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Fry onions till fragrant. Add chicken and garlic. Fry till brown.
4. Add carrots and stir. Add baby corn and tomato. Cover with about 500ml water. Do not add too much so soup remains flavourful. Boil for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add about a fistful of frozen peas and boil for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with a crack of black pepper.
The verdict: ‘More! Chi-ken!’
Note: If you are not comfortable giving your little one bits, you can always blend the soup up to the right consistency. I can imagine it to be every bit as tasty!